Monday, December 20, 2010

Ernesto Colnago

Ernesto Colnago


Cambiago, Italy
Bild 085
Bild 096

June 23 2011
Ernesto Colnago is one of the frame builders I admire the most for his technical as well as artictic way of building frames. After 4 years into cycling I finally met the frame building legend,joy now 72 years of age still strong as an oak. One of my dreams was to meet him but what I never thought I could meet him in a very small gathering in Santa Monica, CA at Helen's Cycles where only about 25 poeple showed up to have their Colnago item signed by him.
I personally had him signed my PRO CYCLING magazine where there was a picture of Eddy Merckx andColnago running right behing him; he stared at the pictures with nostalgia.
Every one of his frames reached it's time to get signed he would stop and stare at the bike for about a minute to admire his own work. He carefully picked the spot  where his signature would be printed for years to come. As you can see in the following pictures some of them have the 3 leaf clover which he did not drew in all of the signatures. I believe that he only drew it on the items that brought him memories or the frames he felt the most proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment